Sunday, November 1, 2009

Really Christmas Trees Already! UGH


As I went into a store yesterday to buy some Halloween party favors I noticed that the rows of ghoulish favors and wicked treats were being taken over by bright red stockings and Santa Claus shaped candies.

OK REALLY? I am just disgusted that every year the retailers start Christmas earlier and earlier. I really love the holidays, oh sure there are things that make the holidays difficult, but for the most part I remember why we have the holiday and try to cherish it.
When the retailers are setting up their displays and sending out their Christmas ads on Nov. 1st it really takes away from the holiday.
Why can't we wait until a few days before Thanksgiving? Let me have my Halloween before I'm stringing lights in the frozen tundra and hanging up the stockings.

No comments:

Post a Comment