Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Beyond Christmas, The First Christmas Tree


First I want to say thank you to all who are helping this family have a wonderful, joyful, Christmas this year. Thank you for donating and your time!

Yesterday a friend and I dropped off the donated Christmas tree along with some lights and trimming. Our family was very happy and excited, they were patiently waiting until the oldest child got home to set up their tree! I had bought a poinsettia and a friend of mine donated some groceries which we also took. They were so grateful.

I just recently found out, they have been homeless for a long time. The oldest just went back to school yesterday. It occurred to me that it made sense now why she needed the household items. I think we are making a real difference in their lives. I know they have touched mine FOREVER. It makes you step back and realize how resilient we are as human beings.

Lots of people ask me what do they need, so at this point I would say household items and non- perishable food. If you want to donate please contact me at kelbel2265@yahoo.com, or twitter me at kelbel2265. Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment